[PAID] [FULL-TIME] [RELOCATION TO ESTONIA] [STARTS REMOTE]
This role is expected to begin as a remote position, paid relocation to Pärnu will begin once the probation period has ended.
Gamecan is looking for an Unreal Engine Gameplay Developer whose sole mission is to code interactive systems in games that players truly enjoy.
As a Gameplay Programmer, you will be responsible for creating high-quality code for new and existing systems while keeping in mind the player experience. You have a passion for creating games with great people.
- Extensive experience using Unreal Engine.
- Experience with Unreal Engine’s Multiplayer Framework.
- Advanced and deep knowledge of modern C++ and Unreal Engine Blueprints.
- Experience with Steam integration and UMG.
- Proficiency in any source control system.
- Have worked on at least one shipped title utilizing Unreal Engine.
- Proficiency with debuggers, profilers, and other software development tools.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent education or experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Self-driven team player with a strong work ethic.
- All aspects of gameplay programming, from invention and prototyping to full implementation.
- Develop and implement gameplay tools.
- Fix gameplay bugs.
- Maintain an overview of code divergence across all teams.
- Maintain a shared development stream.
- Develop engine plugins to solve common developer workflow issues.
- Establish a shared Unreal Engine knowledge base.
- Guide project configuration/structure.
- Investigate upcoming engine features and guide teams on how best to use them.
- Work closely with design and art disciplines in the development of products.
- Mentor less experienced team members on best technology usage and good engineering practices.
- Foster working relationships with multiple teams across the company.
- Participate in team meetings, including daily stand-ups.
Good to have
- Experience with Gameplay Ability System.
- Experience with Perforce Source Control.
- Experience with Epic Online Services.
- Experience with Unreal Engine’s AI Systems like Behavior Trees, Services, and Tasks.
- Development experience on game consoles (Xbox One/PS4/Nintendo Switch) is a plus.
What do we have to offer?
- The office is in a new development right in the centre of Pärnu, providing a sub 15min commute and proximity to all the stores and restaurants.
- Adjustable desks – stand, sit, squat, or hang from the ceiling!
- Powerful desktop machines to work on – the PC waits for you, not the other way around.
- 1Gbit/s internet speed in the office, typically 300Mb/s at home.
- We are crazy about taking time off with new and old video games, a day at the spa, sauna, or the beach (yes, Pärnu has a kickass beach!). A rested developer is a happy developer!
- The team is phenomenal – nearly 50 people who are amazing to each other.
- The living costs in Pärnu are extra low. Even the most expensive apartments in the centre have their rent of around 400-500€ per month.
- We work in a nurturing company culture where personal growth is highly valued. Your professional skills will also get buffed at the speed of light.
- We help you with relocation every step of the way to make sure it’s as smooth as possible.
- We offer a wide range of benefits, including gym membership, Spa discounts, and monthly cab credit.
Apply through this link: Unreal Engine Gameplay Developer – Gamecan.eu
|Job Category||Programming or Development|