[PAID] [FULL-TIME] [RELOCATION TO ESTONIA] [STARTS REMOTE]
This role is expected to begin as a remote position, paid relocation to Pärnu will begin once the probation period has ended.
Gamecan is looking for a talented Lead Game Designer; you will oversee the Gameplay Design team, guiding their work and leading by example with plenty of hands-on design work. You’ll provide feedback, support junior team members, and work with the production team to build a compelling product roadmap.
- 5+ years of experience working as a game designer.
- Degree or certification in the area.
- Experience designing game content for the GaaS model.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Able to manage a team and plan in a highly active environment.
- Solution-oriented problem solver who can react quickly to changing project needs and drive decisions.
- Excellent ability to communicate and work within teams.
- Ability to question, adapt and understand ongoing project nuances, legacies and needs.
- Passion for games with a wide breadth of game knowledge.
- Oversee the gameplay design for the project, reporting to the Game Director to ensure the work is by the project’s vision
- Manage a team of gameplay designers, motivating and inspiring them with your example and guidance
- Create excellent player experiences and help us achieve our gameplay goals
- Work closely with production to identify, prioritize, assign, and evaluate design work.
- Along with producers, assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the design work, and set priorities.
- Review analytics and community feedback, understand project needs and ensure that proposed and developed features add value and solve current issues.
- Actively participate as a regular liaison in the decision-making process with management and game direction.
- Assist project directors, leads, and management on syncs to be up to date on the overall project and spot dependencies.
- Follow up features and give clear feedback.
- Participate in the selection of team members (recruitment).
- Participate in external communication (videos, events).
Good to have
- Experience working in Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with presentation software such as (PowerPoint, Google slides, Figma)
What do we have to offer?
- The office is in a new development right in the centre of Pärnu, providing a sub 15min commute and proximity to all the stores and restaurants.
- Adjustable desks – stand, sit, squat, or hang from the ceiling!
- Powerful desktop machines to work on – the PC waits for you, not the other way around.
- 1Gbit/s internet speed in the office, typically 300Mb/s at home.
- We are crazy about taking time off with new and old video games, a day at the spa, sauna, or the beach (yes, Pärnu has a kickass beach!). A rested developer is a happy developer!
- The team is phenomenal – nearly 50 people who are amazing to each other.
- The living costs in Pärnu are extra low. Even the most expensive apartments in the centre have their rent of around 400-500€ per month.
- We work in a nurturing company culture where personal growth is highly valued. Your professional skills will also get buffed at the speed of light.
- We help you with relocation every step of the way to make sure it’s as smooth as possible.
- We offer a wide range of benefits, including gym membership, Spa discounts, and monthly cab credit.
Apply through this link: Lead Game Designer – Gamecan.eu
|Job Category||Programming or Development|